Wednesday, October 31, 2012

PFH part 2

Preparing for the Holidays (PFH) - I was a government worker too you know :)

Well I have had great success with doing these little extras for my family - (3 days worth).  I can't express how it made me feel when Elijah came downstairs and said "I love you too mom."  I started with the kids oldest to youngest - tomorrow is Miriam's day - of course she did ask me yesterday..."why didn't I get a note?"

While these things are good and I am leaving a note card with a scripture on it; I do feel this is still self-serving - about "US".  I believe I like how the kids responded just a little too much and that is missing the mark for sure.

Matthew 6:1-4 English Standard Version (ESV)

"Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven.
2 "Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others.  Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. 3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving may be in secret.  And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

Something is missing - So I have gone back to what God is currently teaching me with Youth Group and with the Women's Bible Study Group (WBS).  Prayer - that's what is missing.  We just finished Daniel with the girls in youth - Holy Habits - Daniel wasn't perfect - but we see him continually praying to God.  WBS we just finished Nehemiah - did you know he prayed and fasted for 4 months before ever speaking to the king about the wall in Jerusalem. I'm doing good when I get 10 minutes in a day.  Pray Pray Pray Pray....asking God to search my heart and to prepare my heart to receive this blessing of holidays in His way that is pleasing and glorifying to Him.  Won't you join me?

2 comments:

  1. Great, I've noticed many people on facebook are doind a daily I'm Thankful for... status.

    ReplyDelete